Firstly, I want to thank my two nominators Dabin and Kezia! I appreciate it so much!!! Thanks guys! It really is an honor! :)
Here we go...
11 facts about me:
1. I live in Canada.
2. I'm in love with the 60s, and I wish I could go back in time and be a hippie in California.
3. My favorite music is The Mamas and the Papas.
4. I have a cat named Jenny, who is one of the most important things in my life.
5. I love astrophysicists Alex Filippenko and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
6. I have a record player which I LOVE!
7. I work at Tim Hortons.
8. I'm graduating high school this year!
9. I love true crime.
10. I get most of my books from the library. I couldn't live without it.
11. I usually watch an episode of Degrassi Junior High before bed every night. It's calming!
I'm going to smush all the questions together....
1. What is your favorite child hood memory?
Hm... Probably trips to Toronto with my dad and stepmom, and watching Toy Story 2 every single night with my brother.
2. Do you gravitate toward certain characters in books?
Not really. When I'm reading a book I don't ever feel like i'm more connected nor do I gravitate to one character more than any others. I feel like I read in a way that makes everyone "equal". Then again, it probably depends on the book. I dont know, maybe that's just my reading style.
3. What is your favorite genre?
Definitely horror, crime and contemporary. I can't pick. It's a tie!
4. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to share my love for books with the rest of the world, and share my opinions. Also, I'm not much of a video type blogger, so I thought that I could really shine through blogging instead.
5. When did you start blogging?
Well I've always blogged, but never kept up with it. I started this blog in 2011, but didn't turn it into a book blog until around the summer of 2012.
6. When was the last time you read a good book? What was it called?
Adaptation by Malinda Lo! LOVED IT!
7. List a book that you liked in the comments?
Bloom by Kelle Hampton
8. What was/is your best subject in school?
Definitely a four way tie between religion, english, psychology and history.
9. Who's your favorite character in any book?
Hm... that's a hard one. Probably Gemma from the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray.
10. Least favorite book?
The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare! I hate that I have to say this, but it's true. I've never liked it!
11. Least favorite author?
Can't say I have one!
1. What was the first book you ever read? What did you think of it?
I remember my first chapter book to be The Secret Language of Girls, as well as Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata. I loved them both! I remember Kira-Kira was such a heart-breaking read.
2. YA movie adaptations - Like it or hate it? Why?
I'd say like, because I usually do like the movies. But then you get lost in that huge sea of fans and have a hard time establishing yourself as one of those "original" fans before the popularity of the film.
3. Which one do you prefer, Hardcover or Paperback?
Paperback! I would have said hardcover in the past. But hardcovers are just nicer to look at ;)
4. Who is your favorite fictional character? Why?
Probably Katniss from The Hunger Games.
Too many too name! But i've always really loved Anna Carey's Eve series and their covers.
6. Fanfiction - Love it or hate it? Why?
Can't say, since I've never read any. But at this point I don't think I'd like it much, because I feel that it's like rewriting or writing more to a story then it should have. Some books are better left the way they are, and left finished.
7. What's your childhood dream? Have you achieved it or do you intend to make it come true?
It's not a childhood dream, but I've always dreamed of going to Los Angeles, California and living there as a hippie (haha, if only). But I'm sure visiting it would be just fine!
8. What are three countries you want to visit? Why do you want to go there?
I want to visit the US obviously, and visit every state, just because I love all the culture and sight-seeing it has to offer. I also want to visit Australia and Egypt.
9. If you were a Disney character, who would you be? Why?
I wouldn't want to be one!
10. How many hours in a day do you spend reading or blogging?
Reading: probably about 1-3 depending on the day. Blogging is maybe once every week or two.
11. What do you think is the most depressing fictional character's death and why?
Probably Harry Potter's parent's death. That's pretty sad!
I'm embarrased to say that I'm not sure I know any bloggers at the moment who have below 200 followers, but I want to tag this out and nominate anyone out there who's reading this and take part in the award. You know who you are. If you qualify, please take part and tag your nominees!
My 11 questions to you are:
1. What's your favorite genre of book?
2. Do you like summer or winter better?
3. What's your funniest moment?
4. What are your favorite YA fictional character names?
5. What state/country/province do you live in? Do you ever want to move someplace else?
6. What do you want to visit before you die?
7. What YA book are you most looking forward to reading in 2013?
8. Harry Potter or Twilight? Why?
9. What YA novel do you want to see turned into a movie?
10. What would you do if you won to lottery?
11. What's the worst book you've ever read?