Friday 3 August 2012

The Unbecoming of Myra Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Myra Dyer #1)
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Published: September 27th, 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Date I read it: October 2011

Goodreads Summary: "Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong."

Concept/Ideas: 4/5
Storyline/Plot: 5/5
Characters: 4.5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall Rating: 5/5 stars

Oh my gosh. Amazing book. I don't even know why it drew me in so much either to be honest. I think I just absoloutely loved Michelle Hodkin's writing style, and how the book flowed. Wow. That's all I can say. To me, this was a perfect book. Had some paranormal aspects to it, but not overwhelming like most. It was less action than I expected, which I liked.

Let's just start out by saying that the writing is AMAZING. I loved it. There wasn't one dull moment for me. I devoured page after page, after page, after page..... It was written in a way that coaxed you to keep on reading, with humourous parts, creepy parts, suspenseful parts, and everything in between.

I loved Mara, and especially Noah. Oh my gosh.
Mara was very lovable, and I felt as if she was a very, very strong character who could defend and stand up for herself without going around whining that she didn't have a boy, and oh, I'm so weak, I can't defend myself, etc.. blah blah blah.

The paranormal aspect to the book was original, and kept you wondering; WHAT EXACTLY WAS GOING ON HERE.

I loved The Unbecoming on Mara Dyer. LOVED IT.
I cannot wait for the second book!

Defintiely reccommend it! It wasn't at all what I expected... It was so much better



No comments:

Post a Comment